We are so excited to be reopening children’s ministry and nursery! Beginning Aug. 30th we will have nursery and children’s church available for both the 8:45 and 10:30 services.
Things to know:
-We are doing our best to follow USD250 guidelines.
-If your kid(s) is/are not able to attend school, please don’t bring them children’s church.
What we expect from our volunteers:
-The volunteers and staff at PittNaz will not be allowed around the children if they are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
-All volunteers will be temperature checked prior to their service time with children.
-All volunteers are asked to social distance as best as they can.
-All volunteers are required to wear a mask.
What to expect at Checkin:
-Social Distancing requested at drop-off/pick-up (tape has been placed on the floor to help with this).
-There will be a volunteer in the children’s ministry area and nursery to check-in your child. Self-check-in will not be available. The volunteer will ask your child’s name and you will be printed off a nametag to place on the back of your child’s shirt.
-Please make sure have up-to-date contact info, incase we need to contact you during the service (you can update this in the Church Center app at any time).
-Recommended masks for kids over the age of 5.
-All kids will be temperature checked at drop-off using a non-contact thermometer and any children with a fever(>=100.4) will not be allowed to attend children’s church.
What to expect for your kids during Children’s Church:
-Chairs/tables will be moved to approximately 6ft apart.
-Hand washing recommended and hand sanitizer available.
-Toys, games, tables, chairs, etc., sanitized before and after each service.
-Request “air-fives” or “elbow bumps” instead of hugs or high-fives.
-If a child gets ill with any symptoms of COVID-19 during service, that child will be escorted to “The Shepherd’s Hook” and a parent will be called to come and get their child. The leader will stay with the child until the parent arrives. The Shepherd’s Hook is a room directly off the gymnasium on the Southwest end of the church.
What to expect at Pickup:
-Children will either stay social distanced in their respective classrooms or led to the hallway where there is tape (social distanced) that they will stand on until parent arrival.
-We ask that after requesting to pickup your kids, to please step back from the counter and to a different tape piece to make room for other parents.
-Please don’t congregate in the children’s area, be mindful of other’s picking up and dropping off kids.
In accordance with Governor Kelly’s new mandate we ask that you wear a mask any time you are in the building. We will have a limited supply for those that do not have them, but please bring your own if you are able.
We are excited to start meeting together again! In order to do this we have instituted a few new practices. Our hope is to be able to provide a completely hands-free service if that is what you would like. In order to do that we will:
* Only be holding the Main Worship Services; no nursery, children’s church, or Sunday school.
* Only two main entrances will be used. Greeters will open the door, coming and going to avoid multiple hands on the door handles. One parking lot greeter on each side will direct people to the doors being used.
* Signs will be strategically placed inside and out to remind people to practice social distancing, maintaining 6 feet between families. Please sit together and leave 3 empty seats between families.
* Rows have been spaced six feet apart, with 6-foot aisles.
* No bulletins or other papers will be handed out.
* No coffee or refreshments will be served.
* No passing the offering plate, please use the offering boxes.
* Please refrain from shaking hands.
* Please do not congregate in the lobby or other common areas.
* Ushers will dismiss each row at end of service to help with social distancing.
* Hand sanitizer will be placed at worship center doors and the wall mounted hand sanitizer stations have been labeled for easy detection.
* The church will be cleaned between each service.
Per CDC and KDHE recommendations we have postponed “In Church” worship on Sunday mornings. We are sad that we won’t be able to worship together in person, but we can still worship together ONLINE. Remember the 816 E. Quincy is just a building! We are the church and we can worship God where ever we are. We will still have worship ONLINE, Sunday morning at 10:30. We have three ways you join the service. You can join us on Facebook, YouTube or Live.PittNaz.Church. We will have pastors on each platform to encourage and pray for you. So pick which ever option works best for you!
Per CDC and KDHE recommendations we are discouraging our small groups from meeting. I want to strongly encourage you, however, to call (not text or email) your group members once a week, just to check in, have some contact, and pray together. I know there are some of you seeing this who no longer lead a group, so pray about the possibility of occasionally calling the people in the group you used to lead. God created us for relationship and community, so maintaining that as best we can will be crucial over the next several weeks!